This past weekend I visited my little sister in one of my favorite places on Earth, Murray, Kentucky. My love for Murray and the Commonwealth is another post for another day.
Nonetheless, my sister and I had a great visit. We talked about our boyfriends, we talked about college and we talked about blogs. She inspired me to do more. More writing. More thoughts. More ME.
Here’s another one of my favorite things, my dear boyfriend’s cooking. We rarely use recipes and if we do, we rarely follow them. This week he created a pasta dish that literally warmed my soul.
- One box whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 C white cooking wine
- Olive oil to coat the pan
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil to taste
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 T basil pesto (we buy the Private Selection brand at Kroger)
- 1/2 C fresh spinach
- 1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the chicken, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and 1 T of the pesto until chicken is brown.
- Place chicken aside.
- Boil pasta in water.
- Combine chicken broth, cooking and tomatoes. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream, let simmer 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the remainder of the pesto and 1 C Parmesan cheese. Stir until thick.
- Combine the pasta, chicken and sauce.
- Serve with cheese on top!